How to Play the Roulette
For playing the Roulette you simply must place bets on either numbers or range of numbers on the Roulette table.
If one of your covered numbers is a winning one, you get paid based on the predetermined odds. See Roulette payout odds for more details.
For more insights about the Roulette betting, you will find below types of bets and the name they are known as in the casino world:
- Straight up – this is a single number bet. The chip is placed entirely on the center of a number square
- Split – this is a bet on 2 adjoining numbers. This bet can be placed either horizontal or vertical. The chip is placed on the line between the 2 numbers.
- Street – this is a bet on 3 numbers from the same horizontal line. The chip is placed on the edge of a line at the end of the horizontal line (could be left or right, depends on the table layout)
- Corner (or square) – this is a bet on 4 numbers that forms a square layout. The chip is placed on the intersection of the 2 lines (horizontal and vertical) splitting the 4 numbers.
- Six line – this is a 2 streets bet, covering 6 numbers from 2 adjacent horizontal lines. The chip is placed on the line between the 2 rows, on the edge at the end of the lines.
- Trio – this is a bet on 3 numbers formed from either 0, 1, 2 or 0, 2, 3. The chip is placed on the intersecting lines splitting the 3 numbers.
Outside bets – bets placed outside the 3 column layout with numbers. The bets are placed on ranges, colors or odd/even. These bets have smaller payouts, but better odds at winning.
- Low bets – this is a bet on any number from the first half of numbers: 1-18 (0 is excluded). The chip is placed on the 1-18 cells.
- High bets – this is a bet on any number from the second half of numbers: 19-36. The chip is placed on the 19-36 cells.
- Red or Black – this is a bet on the color of the number the roulette will show. The chip is placed on either Red or Black cell.
- Odd or Even – this is a bet on the value of a number the roulette will show (if the number is odd or even). The chip is placed on either Odd or Even cell.
- Dozen bets – this is a bet covering numbers from ranges 1-12, 13-24 or 25-36. The chip is placed on the corresponding cell from the end of the horizontal area.
- Column bets – this is a bet covering the numbers from a column (column I, column II, column III). The chip is placed in the appropriate cell at the bottom of the column.